Sunday, September 2, 2012

DAY 2
 Father: It’s Father’s Day in
 Australia. Take a photo of
 your dad. A Dad.
 A father
 figure. Etc.

JOHN RICHARD HOWELL
There is no one like this man.
 He is an original in every way.
 He is my father. He is a friend,
 a brother, a boy, a goof,
 a god, a healer, a sarcasm
 specialist, a sweetheart,
 a loner, a creator, a dreamer,
 a designer, and so much more.
 As I have grown I have questioned
 him as a father,
 a grandfather, a man,
 and a friend. It is some of
 the most challenging, beautiful
 self work I have been through.
 I am so grateful to feel the
 unconditional love, respect,and
 closeness that I do now
with this soul. I have freed
 him and myself of all the
 millions of expectations I had
 of what a father, grandfather,
 friend would do if they truly
 cared about me. It has been a
 long process. My mind is clear,
my heart is open, and
 I get to enjoy my dad!
 My bond with him is
incredibly important and
 strong to me. I LOVE this
 time of my life with him.
 Each moment is precious,
 and I don't take a second
 of it for granted.
 It is a gift.
Just like my father has been
 and is such
 a precious gift to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment